Atisbo South Local Council Development Area was carved out from Atisbo Local Government on January 19th, 2017 under the able leadership of senator Abiola Ajimobi, the Executive Governor of Oyo state. The council headquarter is located at Ago –Are.
Atisbo South comprises of six (6) major towns namely: Ago Are, Agunrege, Sabe, Baasi, Ofiki and Owo. Geographically, the 6 wards local council development area is bounded in the North – West by Saki West, on the north east by Saki – East, on the South East by Itesiwaju and in the South West by Iwajowa.
The people of the area are mainly Yoruba and their major occupation is agriculture.
Hon. Ayoola Olusola ogundeji is the first caretaker chairman of the council and still there presently.
- Babalola Bolade W. – Council Manager
- Adedeji Isaac Ademola – DAGs
- Alhaja Oladimeji Dauda M. – DF
- Adewuyi Mukaila – D/Works
- Adeniyi Benjamin A. – D/Environmental
- Lewis Emiola F – D/Education
- Ibrahim Saidu Bashiru – D/Agric
- Lawal Rasheed – D/BPRS
- Ojo Adebola O. – PHC Coordinator
- Joshua Olatundun – Head of Estate
- Oni Emmanuel O. – AUDITOR
- Akinola Dorcas – D/DAGS
- Alhaja Lawal Suliat – DT
- Alhaja Adedeji W.A. – D/DESS
- Ige Rhoda Adewumi – D/D/ENV.
- Olaosoko Adeyemi Olaniyi – D/D/AGRIC
- Yusuf Adejare S. – ESTAB OFFICER
- Osundara Olusola – CASHIER
- Akano M.A. – INFORMATION
- Ajibike Taofiq – CHIEF TYPIST
- Olasiji Matthew Adebayo – CHIEF DRIVER
- Iluku festival
- Igunnuko Festival
- Gelede Festival
- Egungun Festival
- Ifa Festival
- Oosa Igbadi festival
- Obatala festival
- Agricultural based industries
- Higher institutions, both public and private
- Tourist attractions centres
- Mineral resources – Budo Aare and Oke Iluku
- Water resources – Ago Are and Ofiki