- To encourage, promote and coordinate investment in Oyo State and serve as fast-track investment facilitation and warehousing mechanism. This is with the view to making the investment climate of the State, with respect to ease of investment/business start-ups and Public Private Partnerships (PPP), the most-friendly within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- To ensure the development and enhancement of public infrastructure, public assets and other facilities in the State through Public Private Partnerships.
The Bureauâ€™s Administrative structure is headed by the Executive Secretary appointed by the Governor, who has a relevant cognate experience. The Executive Secretary is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Agency as the Accounting Officer.
The Agency is made up of five (5) operational directorates each headed by a Director. The Directorates are:
- Directorate of Public Private Partnership
- Directorate of Investment Promotion
- Directorate of Strategy and Policy Coordination
- Directorate of Administration and Supplies
- Directorate of Finance and Accounts.
- The Bureau as an agency of the State Government, facilitates and coordinates all investment promotion and warehousing activities.
- Initiate, propose and develop policies and strategies which shall enhance the investment climate of the state with the view to making her the most investment-friendly state in Nigeria.
- Coordinate policies and programmes of the state with respect to the adoption of Public Private Partnership for the provision and development of Public infrastructure or Public assets in the state.
- Identify and synergize the activities of relevant MDAs of Oyo State Government under a fast-track One Stop shop template for all the agencies involved to work in tandem.
- Evolve and consummate a fast track working template with strategic agencies of the Federal Government under the one stop shop mechanism.
- Warehouse and effectively monitor the State Governmentâ€™s Investment Portfolio.
- Prepare and develop on behalf of the state, a strategic master-plan for Public Private Partnership.