Deputy Governor of Oyo State
Profile of the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, H. E. Engr. Raufu Aderemi Olaniyan (FNSE)
H.E. Engr. Raufu Aderemi Olaniyan (FNSE)
“Engineer Raufu Olaniyan belongs to the elite crop that could be tagged as star public servants with 26 meritorious years of active public service before retiring as a Permanent Secretary.The University of Nigeria, Nsukka-trained engineer was the pioneer General Manager of Oyo state Road Maintenance Agency. He is a notable public servant who had the privilege of working closely with not a few governors in the state while in service. He is a welfarist and a humanitarian to the core. He gives not because he has plenty, but because he knows what it means not to have.”
Date of Birth: February 25, 1960
Place of Birth: Igboho, Oyo state.
State of Origin: Oyo State
Local Government Area: Oorelope ( Oke Ogun).
Marital Status: Married with Children.
Languages Spoken: English and Yoruba languages.
Hobbies: Sports, travelling and meeting people.
SCHOOLS ATTENDED WITH DATE
- Irepo Grammar School, Igboho, Oyo state 1980
- The University of Nigeria Nsukka 1985.
CERTIFICATE OBTAINED WITH DATES
- West Africa School Certificate, First Division 1980
- The University of Nigeria Nsukka, B.Eng Civil Engineering ( 2nd Class Upper Division) 1985.
- NYSC Certificate 1986
- COREN Registered Engineer 1992
- Fellow Nigeria Society of Engineers 2008.
OTHER CERTIFICATES AWARDED
- Justice of the Peace of Oyo state 2015
- Certificate of Service Oyo North Agricultural Development Project 1988
SHORT TERM COURSES ATTENDED WITH DATES
- A Special course on surface irrigation by Ogun Osun River Basin Rural Development Authority 1988
- Short course on project organisation, planning and cost control, Uniport Konsult 1988
- Planning and design of small earth dams by Federal Ministry of Agriculture, water resources and Rural Development 1988.
- Workshop on construction and Maintenance of local government infrastructures in Nigeria, Falculty of Technology, University of Ibadan 1988.
- Course on building and engineering maintenance by the Nigerian Society of Engineers 1991.
- Course on bridge design by Sheladia Associates, USA. 1996.
- Course on Project Management, Graduate School, United States Department of Agriculture 1996.
- Course on Pavement Management and Maintenance Management by International Road federation, UK 1997I’M
- Course on management Communication for Development by Management Training and Development Institute, 1998.
- Course on Investment Analysis For Project by Management Training and Development Institute, USA 1998.
- Course on Project circle Management by International Management Training Centre, Great Britain 1999.
Engr. Raufu Olaniyan has a wide public service experience covering the three tier of government, local, State and Federal.
- As Civil Engineer with Oyo North Agricultural Development Project, ONADEP ( World Bank Financed Project) as Hydrological/ Civil Engineer involved in the design and construction of earth dams and appurtenaces. Also involved in the construction and maintenance of rural roads. This project covered 8 of the the present 10 local govts. Irepo, Olorunsogo, Oorelope, Saki East, Saki West, Atisbo, Kajola and Iwajowa local government areas of the present Oyo North ( Oke- Ogun).
1988 December – 1989 December
- As Civil Engineer ( Construction, Operation and Maintenance COM Department). Ogun Osun Rivers Basin Development. A Parastatal of Federal Ministry of Water Resources.
- Civil Engineer with Local government Service Commission of Oyo state.
- As Deputy Director ( Rural Roads and Infrastructures). Director of food, Road and Rural Infrastructures DFRRI, office of the Governor Oyo state. In charge of rural roads and hydraulic structures in the nook and cranny of Oyo state.
- Various Civil Engineering positions in the Oyo state Ministry of Works and Transport. Activities included design and project supervision of a good number of roads including the Multi-State Road projects MSRP, a world Bank Financed project.
- Superintendent Engineer Ministry of Works and Transport Eleyele Zonal office Oyo state in charge of roads in Ibadan municipality, outer and Ibarapa ( 14 local government of the 33).
- General Manager ( Pioneer) Oyo State Road Maintenance Agency, OYSROMA.
- Permanent Secretary in the Oyo state Civil Service. Retired in October, 2011.
2011- Till Date
- MD/CEO West Midland Construction Company, 130 Oyo Road, Opposite NISER, Orogun, Ibadan.
- Chairman/ CEO, Blueline Construction Services, Ibadan.
- Director Channel Distribution Ltd. Lagos. ( A computer software and hardware company).