Invitation to Press ParleyAugust 20, 2018
Eid Al-Adha: Pray for leaders, peaceful 2019 General Election, Ajimobi urges Muslim faithfulAugust 22, 2018
Facts about Music House
- 19th May, 2017, letters demanding for planning approval were sent to various institutions including UCH, Kola Daisi University, University of Ibadan and other institutions and organisatons.
- 14th June 2017, request for approval was sent to Music House and 22 other radio stations in Oyo State.
- 18th August 2017, Reminder Letter was sent Music House and the letter was received by Adebisi Akinkunmi.
- 25th August 2017 A letter was sent to National Broadcasting Commission titled Operation of Radio Stations without Physical Planning permit/Aprroval in Oyo State.
- November 27, 2017: another letter was sent to NBC complaining about Physical Planning Law and Regulations by the Radio station owners, developers and operators.
- December 4, 2017: NBC responded that the issue is outside its mandate
- 14th June 2018: an approved building plan was submitted and BPP& DC discovered that it was meant to be an office complex and not a radio station.
- June 25th 2018: A joint visit was consequently carried out by the officials of the Bureau with Music House officials.
We discovered the following:
- The building size measured 29.7 metres by 21.6 metres on ground as against the 11.925metres by 10.20metres in the survey plan/building plan submitted by Music House.
- The building has encroached into the sight distance of the Y junction along Lagelu Estate.
- Kitchen/canteen is attached to the wall fence
- Toilets also attached to the wall fence
- Store is also attached to the wall fence
- Power house attached to the wall fence
- Mast erected is not in the plan
- Spiral Staircase on site is not included in the plan
- The basement of the plan has been converted to an event centre
- June 29, 2018: letter was sent to Music house to come and regularize its building plan.
- Demolition notices were then sent when they failed to respond to the earlier request for the submission of AS – Built Plan for approval
There are attachments for more information.
Tpl Waheed Gbadamosi
Special Adviser, Physical Planning and Development Control
August 20, 2018