- To move the governance closer to the grassroot dwellers.
- For even distribution of the resources e.g.(Federal Character)
- To know the problems and the needs of the rural dwellers
- To foster solutions to the needs and problems of the grassroots.
- To identify the needs of the people in general.
- Provision of Social and infrastructural amenities
- Primary Health Care
- Environmental Sanitation
- Education (UPE) Universal Primary Education
- Provision of pipe-borne water and electricity for the rural dwellers.
- Poverty eradication programmes
- Provision good roads for easy illegibility and transportation of farm products.
- Provision of Markets, Motor parks etc.
- Appointment of Temporary Staff
- The Local Government Administration is headed by the Chairman, who could be either elected or appointed, He’s being supported by the Supervisors with the following portfolio,
- Supervisor for Works, Sup. For Education, Sup. For Health, Sup. For Agric & National Resources.
In the Legislative Arm of the Local Government Arm the Legislative or the Councilors who ensure the enactment of bye-Law and strict adherence to same.
However, these two (2) arms of government are not in a place presently, Hence the Caretaker Chairman in conjunction with the Caretaker Officers run the affairs of the Local Government .At the other end are the Career Officers being headed by the head of Local Government Administration. Under whom are the Directors of the various Departments namely: Director of Administration and General Services, Director of Finance and Supplies, Director of Works, Director of Education & Social Services, Director of Budget, Planning, Research & Statistic, Director of Agric & Natural Resources, Director of Environmental Health Services and the Primary Health Care Coordinator, Each of the aforementioned heads of Department has a Deputy, while there are also units and Sectional heads such as Establishment officer, the rate officer, cashier office un-change of marriage, information officer, all handling important schedule of duties in the Local Government.
The Internal Auditor operates directly with the Chairman as he is regarded as the officer in-charge of check & balances in the Local Government.
The functions of the eight departments are diverse as nature.
Administration and General Services Department:- The department headed by the Director of Administration and General Services who is incharge of personnel matters in the Local Government as its affect all matters of the junior staff, though, with the blessing of the Local Government Service Commission, It is also saddled with the responsibility of coordination the activities of the Junior Staff Management Committee (JSMC) which includes Promotion, Discipline, and other related issues affecting the junior staff.
Administration Department is in-charge of various standing committee in the Local Government such as Finance and General Purpose Committee. The Traditional Council, Peace and Security.
There are units in the department attending to various administrative issues such as Open Registry, Establishment Unit, Main Registry, Driving Unit and typing Pool.
- Department of Finance and Supplies:- As the name implies, it’s in charge of finance of the Local Government and ensuring that internally Generated Revenue is intact.
- Education and Social Services Department:- Under the department is the information, Unit and the other two units namely: Women Affairs Units and Community Development Unit. The department handles all Community development related matters as various associations are under the department.
The department also intervenes and recommends candidates for the issuance of certificates of Origin and Residence. The national Council for Women Society (NCWS) is also being managed by the department.
- Budget, Planning, Research and Statistics department-: This department collects and prepares data for the annual estimate for the Local Government.
- Agric and Natural Resources Department:- This department assists the Local Government on various types of farming, cultivation of land for food and cah crops and practice of arable farming and animal production from the road to stipulated area.
The Director of Finance and Supplies and Director of Administration and General Services are both Signatories to the Local Government Account while the Head of the Local Government Administration and the Chairman Confirm the payment.
- Construction of random rough stone drainage including desiting the existing blocked drainage at Atere Compound.
- The procurement of one (1) Toyota Corolla 1.8 Giliats for the use of the Chairman’s Office.
- Construction of asphaltic lay of state hospital Adeoyo Area, off Ring Road, Ibadan.
- Execution of surface-dressing pavement of Ibadan South West Local Government Motor Park at Ogunpa, Ibadan.
- Construction of drainage and retaining wall at Odo-Ona Health Centre, Ibadan.
- Asphaltic overlay of market road and other public work at Gbekuba market.
- Construction of 8 blocks of Ope market stall at Bola market Gbekuba.
- Construction of Aresa road, Ogunleye Aveneu Oke-Ado.
- Rehabilitation of BCJ, Gbekuba Raod Apate Area.
- Construction of a block of 3 classrooms with office store and toilet at Seventh Day Adventist Primary School III, Asaka.
- Construction of 4 blocks of 12 lock-up shops at Neighborhood market, Aleshinloye.
- Execution off the surface-dressing pavement of Ibadan South West Local Government Motor part at Ogunpa, Ibadan.
- Execution of the sectional asphaltic overlay of Idi-Ope Imalefalaafia road (from Ajeigbe Street junction to Ayegbusi street Junction) Located within the Local Government.
- Renovation of Oluyole Community Grammar School Hall, Oluyole Estate, Ring Road, Ibadan.
- Construction of 8 Blocks of open stalls market at Bora Market, Gbekuba.
- Construction of area road, Ogunleye avenue, Oke-ado area, Ibadan.
- Construction of a 7.2 metres open culvert Boyete Street off Odutola road.
- Stone base filling at Akuro road off Oredehin street, Oke –Ado, Ibadan.
- Sinking of deep well for the use of public toilet at Bode.
- Motorization of the deep well for the use of public toilet at Bode.
- Construction of wall fence at Baoku Memorial Pry. School, Foko Ibadan.
- Asphaltic tarring of Idi-Ope, Imalefalafia road
- Rehabilitation of aged and widow’s clinic (Mrs Florence Ajimobi)
- Renovation of block of three classroom with offices at Sacred Heart Pry, School.
- Drilling and casing of motorized borehole at Jaskolly area, Oshoba-Agbokojo.
- Civil/Electrical works for motorized borehole at Jaskolly area, Oshoba-Agbokojo.
- Drilling and casing of motorized borehole at Ward 1, Debo Barbing Saloon area, Alekuso.
- Civil electrical works for motorized borehole at Ward 2 at Otantakun area, Oja’ba.
- Civil/electrical works for motorized borehole at Ward 2 at Otantakun area, Oja’ba.
- Construction of Ring Culvert, Repair of lined drainage and desitling of blocked line drainage along, Aleshinloye Road.
|NAME||OFFICIAL ADDRESS||PHONE NO.|
|PRINCE ADEFUSI YOMI ADEOLU||Chairman’s office,
Ibadan West Local Council Development Area,
Dick Road, Aleshinloye, Ibadan
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- Mainstreet Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank
- First Bank
- First City Monument Bank
- Skye Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Wema Bank
- Union Bank of Africa
- United Bank of Africa
- Eco Bank
- Access Bank
- United Homes and Savings
- Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Fidelity Bank
Radio and Television
Birth and Death Certificate
Certificate of Indigenership
Earring from Commercial activities
Earring from Drilling of borehole
Earring from Hire of plant and Equipment
The old Ibadan West Local Government was carved out of the defunct Ibadan Municipal Government (IMG) on August 27th, 1991 during the regime of the former military president, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida. It has a land mass of 244.55 km square. This feature made it one of the largest local governments in Oyo State. The local government has its administrative headquarter in the then Aleshinloye. Ibadan South West Local Government was approximately 150km from Lagos by most route and 659km from Abuja, the federal capital territory (FCT), it was bounded by Ibadan North West and Ido local government in the west and Ibadan North West and south west local government in the east.
But on Friday, 7th April, 2017, the Ibadan Wet Local Council Development Area with its administration headquarter at Aleshinloye, Ibadan, was carved out of the old Ibadan south west local government, which has 11 wards.
The pioneer caretaker chairman for the new council is
Hon. (Prince) Adefusi Yomi Adeolu was sworn on Friday, 7th of April, 2017.
GSM NETWORKING PROVIDERS WITHIN THE LOCAL COUNCIL AREA
- Odua Telecoms
IMPORTANT MARKETS WITHIN THE LOCAL COUNCIL AREA
Aleshinloye, Agbeni, Gege, Oja oba, Oke ado, Owode (Apata), Oja oba (Butchers), Old Gbagi, Dugbe Alawo markets
The available sport centres within the local council area are:
- Olubadan Stadium, Iyaganku, Ibadan
- Tennis Club, Iyaganku, Ibadan.
HOTELS AND EVENT CENTERS
Some notable hotels available in the council
- Walan Hotels
- Kakanfo Inn
- Majerita Hotel
- Prince & Princess Event Centre
- Travel House
- Handlas Hotel
- E99 Oluyole Estat
- Library Dugbe
- R.C.N Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, Dugbe
- Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- Court of Appeal
- CHEST HOSPITAL, JERICHO
- Council Manager – Adegbola Susan Olukemi
- Primary Health Coordinator – Salawu Rasheed
- Director of Education & Social Services – Prince Segun Adeyemo
- Director of Finance – Olabiyi Bamidele
- Of Admin. & Gen. Services – Alh. Adedotun Olufunke
- Director of Works – Salman Olaide
- Director of Agric – Tawakalit Adisa
- Director of Env. Health Services – Bello Bukola Aina
- Director of Budget – Dare Olukunmi
- Internal Auditor – Sekinat Bola Ojularo
DEPUTY DIRECTORS/HEAD OF UNITS
- Deputy Director of Administration & General Services- Olarinde Tunde
- Deputy Director of Finance & Supplies – Raifu Najeemdeen
- Deputy Director Education & Social Services – Ayinde Ifeyemi
- Deputy Director Environmental HealthServices – Ogundle Jacob
- Deputy Director Works – Builder Yemisi Agbenla
- Deputy Director of Agric – Adesiyan Evelyn
- Rate Officer – Balogun
- Head of Estate & Valuation Unit – Quadri Basirat Abiola
- Deputy Director Budget – Esther Oshoma
- Primary Health Care Coordinator – Elizabeth Aderoju Bamidele
- Information Officer – Balogun Kehinde