Bringing government closer to the people at the grass root level and to bring socour to the sufferings of the rural dwellers.
- Nearness to government increases political participation of the grassroots people and accelerate developmental project.
- Improvement of the well being of indigence of this local government is the ultimate objective of this administration whose social-economic policy thrust is to make accessible to every citizens of the area the basic needs of life.
Significant reduction of poverty level by at least 50% of the current level must be achieved by the policy and this poverty reduction shall be true indicator for measuring wellbeing as would be demonstrated by
- food on every table
- Job creation
- Provision of rural infrastructure like.
- Potable water
- Good health care delivery
- Good road network
- Youth empowerment
For the actualization of the set goals and objectives, all sectors must be repositioned to be able to play expected roles
- WORKS AND TRANSPORTS
- Asphaltic tarring of Asalu/Vocational training Centre. Tapa
- Asphaltic Tarring and beautification of local Government premises
- Construction of modern ultra-sound scanning centre at Maternity clinic, Ayete.
- Construction of modern public toilet of six compartment at the following location;
- Oke-ogun market, Ayete.
- Tapa bank/Monije market
- Drilling of motorized boreholes with 5,000 liters of water tank at the following areas;
- Oke-Ogun market, Ayete.
- Tapa Monije market
- Completion of Asphaltic overlay at maternity road, Ayete.
- Asphaltic patching and construction of rubble stone line drainages from Ayete to Tapa.
- Construction of twin box culvert along Ayete-Igboora road.
- Rehabilitation of several rural feeder roads across the council area.
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
- Construction of a block of 3 classroom with office, store and toilet in the following schools
- Normadic Primary School, Ayete.
- Baptist Primary School, Oke-Arinsa, Konko, Ayete.
- C & S Primary School, Tapa.
- Construction of a block of 3 classroom with office, store and toilet, MDGS excuted projects at the following:
- Maku Junior High School, Tapa
- Methodist School, Iyalase, Ayete
- C &S Primary School 1, Ayete
- Distribution of exercise and text books to both public and private primary and secondary schools up to JSS.
- Establishment of Aged and Widows mini-clinic
- Disbursement of year 2011 and 2012, 2013 bursary award to indigenous students studying at various institutions of higher learning.
- Organizing Ajimobi remedial classes for SS 3 students preparing for WASSCE.
- AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Distribution of Agro inputs to farmers in Ibarapa North Local Government.
- Distribution of fertilizers to farmers at subodize rate,
- Hiring of branch new tractors to farmers on instalmental payment.
- Financial support to FADAMA III progamme.
- Vaccination of livestock from house to house in Ibarapa North Local Government.
- Stocking of Local Government Poultry with over 250 birds.
4, PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SERVICES
- Monthly stocking of Local Government Maternity Centres with drugs
- Participation in Roll Back Malaria with purchase and distribution of mosquito nets to nursing mothers.
- Funding and participation in all immunization programmes.
- Funding and participation in Governor Ajimobi Free Health Mission.
5, ENVIROMENTAL AND HEALTH SERVICES
- Organizing Community Mobilization and sensitization on control of communicable diseases.
- Evacuation of refuse and clearing of drainage
- Funding of weekly and monthly environmental sanitation
- Chloronization of deep well across the council area.
6, POVERTY ALLEVIATION
- Distribution of motorcycles, refrigerators, granding machines etc as part of the present administrations’ poverty alleviation programme.
- Distribution of N500, 000 to 50 market women at N10,000= each across the Local Government area by the wife of the chairman.
- Distribution of N500,000= to 50 Aged women at N10,000= in the Local Government Area.
- 2nd phase of distribution of empowerment materials like motorcycle, vulcanizing machines, generators, cooking stove etc to the down trodden masses.
Ibarapa North Local Government had recently recorded the following achievements.
WORKS AND TRANSPORT
- Grading of the following rural and township roads.
- Orita- Alagbaa
- Sando Junction Konko
- Alabi road to Alabi Market
- Oketoobo raod
- Maternity to Igboora road
HEALTH CARE DELIVERY
- Provision of free medical services at our health centres
- Participation in the state and National Immunization programmes
- Provision of Technical and Manpower Support to the State Action Committee Against HIV/AIDS.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Clearing of drainages
- Participation in the weekly and monthly environmental sanitation
AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Sensitization and Mobilization of 200youngs farmers on the Federal Government FADAMA Programme.
EDUCATION, POVERTY REDUCTION AND EMPLOYMENT
- Monitoring of primary schools in the local government
- Provides technical and manpower support to the Federal Government conditional cash transfer programme in the local government.
- Provides Technical and Manpower Support to the state/federal CSDP programme in the local government.
- Held stakeholder meetings to maintain peace and security in the council area.
- Improvement on the Internally Generated Revenue
- Carries out staff Auditing of Local Government.
These are the list of projects that are ongoing in the local government.
- Repair of 45 boreholes
- Provision of free eye treatment for 200 beneficiaries and free general treatment for 200 beneficiaries.
- Establishment of Ibarapa North Local Government farm.
- Acquisition of 10,000 hectres of land for OSAI programme
Hon. Shittu Liasu Ololade (J P)
Caretaker chairman Ibarapa North local Government
Official Contact: Ibarapa North local Government Secretariat, Ayete. Oyo State.
IMPORTANT MARKETS/DAYS OF OPERATIONS IN AYETE.
- Ajise market – 3 days interval
- Obanisunwa market 5 days interval
- Oke-Ogun market – 5 days interval
- Alabi market – 5days interval
- Alagba market- 5 days interval
- Konko market – 5 days interval
- Ago market – 5days interval
- Obada market – 5 days interval
- Monije market – 5 days interval
- Alemu market – 5 days interval
TOURIST ATTRACTION IN IBARAPA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT, AYETE
- Isamuni Hill – Ayete.
- Gbohungbohun Hill – Ayete
- Imofin Hill – Tapa
- Isawo mangrove – Ayete.
MAJOR FESTIVALS IN IBARAPA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- Egungun – Festival
- Oro – Festival
- Sango – Festival
- Ogun- Festival
- Osun & others.