To improve the health status and socio-economic advancement of individuals in the State using preventive, promotive and curative approaches;
To establish Health Institutions in under served areas and expand existing Health Centres all over the State.
To maintain existing Training Institutions for Health workers in the State.
To ensure that satisfactory standards are maintained in both Government and private health institutions throughout the State.
To provide essential infrastructure in all Public Health Institutions in the State for efficient, qualitative, affordable and effective health services.
To ensure adequate provision of Essential drugs, equipment and other materials for Health Care Delivery Services.
To ensure good working environment and reduce occupational hazards in both Public and private Sectors.
COLLABORATION WITH PARTNERS: UNICEF, WHO, DFB
- WHO and UNICEF gave technical support for;
- Abatement of the spread of Lassa fever following imported case from Ogun State in December, 2016.
- DAMIEN FOUNDATIONBELGIUM supported;
- Renovation and reconstruction of Chest Hospital, Jericho done in collaboration with Damien Foundation Belgium.
- Renovation of Leprosy Colony at Ogbomoso.
- Approval of a parcel of land by State at Ring Road, Ibadan for the construction of office by the organization
OYO STATE COLLEGE OF NURSING & MIDWIFERY
- Upgrading of Schools of Nursing & Midwifery to Oyo State College of Nursing & Midwifery: 7th March 2014
- Establishment and Accreditation by Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery
- Council of School of Basic Midwifery Kisi Campus: March 2017
- Re-accreditation of College of Nursing & Midwifery by Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council: February 2016.
OYO STATE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Upgrading of School of Hygiene to Oyo State College of Health Technology: January 2015
- Establishment of Oyo State College of Heath Technology Satellite
- Campus Okeho: 16th November 2015 for training of Junior Community Health Extension Workers
- Upgrading of ICT center by National Communication Committee facilitated by Honourable Saheed Fijabi: March, 24, 2017
HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME
- Introduction of National Health Insurance Scheme/MDG in 12 LGAs in 2011 covering 120,000 enrollees (pregnant women and children under 5).
- Establishment of State Health Insurance Agency
- Law for SHIA signed on 12th December, 2016
- Flag off of the scheme by HE tentatively scheduled for 23rd or 25th May, 2017
STATE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE BOARD
- Establishment of the State Primary Health Care Board by the Law of February, 2017,
- Focus is to bring administration / coordination of Primary Health Care under one roof
- Facilitation of access of 1% of the Federation account allotted for health
LAUTECH TEACHING HOSPITAL, OGBOMOSO
31,500 patients served in 2015
- Other departments (GOP, mortuary, Theatre, Library, Sewage system) now fully operational.
- Laparoscope, Mamogram, ECG and Laboratory services fully operational
- Training of medical students, house officers and post-graduate residency programmes had been accredited.
HEALTH ENDOWMENT FUND
- Launching of N50 billion health endowment fund to complement Government funding of health care service.
- Fund to support renovation of Ring Road State Hospital and other health facilities in the State.
- Fund to support establishment of cardiovascular center for operation on Public Private Partnership basis.
ESTABLISHMENT OF OBSTETRICS VESICO- VAGINAL FISTULA CENTER
- Establishment approved to serve as zonal centre for the South-West, Nigeria
- Approval obtained for the use of facility at Total Garden, Ibadan.
- Upgrading of the facility to be done with assistance from the Federal Ministry of Health
RESTRUCTURING AND REPOSITIONING OF HEALTH ESTABLISMENTS
- Restructuring and repositioning of Health Care service delivery in Oyo State (State Government Hospitals & Primary Health Care Centres)
- Establishment of task force on regulation of practice in private Health Care facilities
- Restructuring of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Ogbomoso.
- Re-accreditation of post graduate training facilities at Adeoyo Maternity Teaching Hospital.
- Re-accreditation of post graduate training facilities at Jericho Specialist Hospital.
OTHER KEY PROJECTS
- Donation of 2 million dollar worth of Medical equipment and consumables by MedShare Incorporated /Nigerian Women Association in Georgia, USA.
- Re- invigoration of Task Force on accreditation and monitoring of private health care facilities
- Renovation and upgrading of Jericho Public Health Laboratory
- Renovation of Secretariat Clinic.
- Establishment of Primary Health Care Centres in 27 Wards without PHC centres between 2011 and 2016
- Renovation of 124 PHC Centres between 2011 and 2014
- MTN Foundation Maternal Ward Support Project for renovation and equipping of maternal ward in four (4) State and General Hospitals in Oyo State
- Construction and equipping of four (4) prototype Maternal and Paediatric Centres (on-going).
EMERGENCY AMBULANCE SERVICES
- Scheme launched March, 2013
- 37 ambulances procured and distributed to the LGAs
- 40 Health care providers of different carders were employed
- 40 YES-O cadets trained on basic life support services.
FREE HEALTH MISSION
- Year 2012: Beneficiaries
- Year 2017: 1st Phase beneficiaries in the six (6) health zones of the State starting from 15th May 2017
Surgical – 669
COLLABORATION WITH PARTNERS: MALARIA
PMI/ MAPS supported with;
- Increase in universal coverage of LLIN from 4% in 2010 to 64% in 2016 (Post Distribution Survey)
- Increase in LLIN utilization from 2% in 2010 to 64% in 2016
Reduction of malaria incidence by 42% in year 2016 compared to year 2010.
- Distribution of 4,400,000 Long Lasting Insecticides Nets (LLIN) to all the 33 LGAs in October, 2016 to cover the population of the State.
|Dr. Azeez Popoola Adeduntan||Honourable Commissioner||08072125383|
|Aisha Oyelade||Special Assistant (Health||08092195994|
|Aderonke Ajadi-Ojo||Senior Special Assistant (Health||08022870985|