The Ministry was originally known as Ministry of Information, Youths, Sports and Culture. A law was later passed and the edict No 10 of 2003 was assented to on the 12th day of September, 2003 by the then Executive Governor of Oyo State, Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja. The State Government later abolished the erstwhile Ministry and the nomenclature was changed to the Ministry of Information and Culture.
- Ensure a high Communication and Awareness level for better understanding and appreciation of the agenda, direction, initiatives and policies of the government.
- Create, implement and sustain interface, engagement and experiential platforms between Government and its various targets/stakeholders.
- Identify, Package and Promote the Cultural-Tourism potentials of Oyo State with an income generation motive.
- Proactively manage the image and reputation of the Governor/Government to neutralize the activities of “advocates”.
Social Media Platforms:
- Facebook page: @oyoinformation
- Twitter handle: @oysgmict
- Instagram handle: @oyoinformation
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|HON. WASIU OLATUNBOSUN||COMMISSIONER|
|MR. G.O. OGUNTOLA||PERMANENT SECRETARY|
Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism currently has seven (7) directorates, namely;
- Directorate of Press and Public Relations.
- Directorate of Public and Grassroots Enlightenment.
- Directorate of Planning Research and Statistics.
- Directorate of Administration and Supply.
- Directorate of Finance and Accounts.
- Directorate of Culture.
- Directorate of Tourism.
Parastatals under the Ministry’s supervision are:
- Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State;
- Oyo State Government Press;
- Oyo State Council for Arts and Culture;
- Oyo State Tourism Board.
- Operational Restructuring for Efficiency.
- Establishment of a Digital Media Unit for Increased on – line presence.
- Establishment of a Media Monitoring Unit to keep a close tab and keen eye on media reportage about the State Government.
- Establishment of a Citizens Feedback platform as a Customer service Centre.
- Establishment of Pacesetter Tourism as an Edu – Tourism initiative on the many firsts in the state.
- Promotion of the local textile (Aso Ofi) through the ASO OFI DAY and Establishment of the Aso Ofi International Market.
- Promotion of the local and staple food of the state through the Amala Fiesta to boost and promote the Agricultural value chain, Business and Food tourism.
- Establishment of the Oyo – Brazil tourism axis.
- Establishment of Ironsi – Fajuyi Memorial Park.
- Establishment of the Oyo State Mini Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Celebration of the 2017 World Culture Day.
- Construction of Oyo State Archives and Record Management Centre.
- Construction of Aso Ofi International Tourism Market, Iseyin.
- Construction of Ironsi/Fajuyi Memorial Park.
- Construction of the Oyo State Mini Museum and Hall of Fame.
|July 12, 2017||Hon. Commissioner attended Oyo State Youth Restoration Team’s ‘Act Now’ at Assembly hall, North Campus, The Polytechnic Ibadan.|
|July 15, 2017||Hon. Commissioner attended ICAST’s official commissioning of the ultra-Modern hostel at Elebu, Ibadan.|
|July 20, 2017||Press Conference on 50billion Health Endowment fund hosted by the Hon. Commissioner at the Ministry’s Film Theatre.|
Ojukoju at Fresh fm with HCF and HC, MIC&T.
|July 24, 2017||Condolence visit to Alagba Faleti’s family.|
|July 25, 2017||Press Conference on the State of Finances in Oyo State.|
Courtesy call by State Co-ordinator, NYSC.
|July 29, 2017||HC was at 25th Pan African Festival and Emancipation Week at Trinidad and Tobago.|