Ministry of Special Duties
The Ministry of Special Duties was established by Oyo State Law No 12 of 2003 from its erstwhile status as a department in the Office of the Executive Governor.
The Ministry has four (4) Directorates these are :-
- Directorate of Admin. & Supplies
- Directorate of Finance and Accounts
- Directorate of Social Mobilisation
- Planning, Research and Statistics.
From February, 2012 The Ministry was saddled with the responsibility of managing the Government Fuel Dump.
- To complement objectives of the Office of the Executive Governor
- To give desired priority attention to areas of Governmental activities with specific importance;
- To support Viable Rural Initiatives and Community Development Associations;
- Coordinate technical assistance programmes and liaise with appropriate Federal Government’s agencies etc such as liaising with indigenes in the Diaspora;
- Create avenue for a responsive government-citizen platform (People’s Forum);
- To complement government’s efforts in the area of job creation.
- Management of (10) ten Free Workers’ Shuttle Buses (one number bus allocated to the staff of the judiciary)
- Average monthly expenditure on the fuelling, maintenance and management of each bus is N297,000.00 i.e monthly expenditure on the Ten (10) buses is N2,970,000. Annual is N35,640,000
- Procurement and Installation of Ten (10 Nos.) Electric Transformers at designated Communities and Neighbourhood markets.
- Installation of five completed at the following locations
- Owode Extension, Apata
- Keolu Community Egbeda
- Oluyole Extension
- Oluyole Estate
- Ajoda Plank Market
Five other locations to be installed are;
- Scout Camp Neighbourhood Market
- Sango Neighbourhood Market
- Old NITEL site Neighbourhood Market Old Ife Road, Ibadan.
- Nigerian Immigration Service, Agodi GRA, Ibadan and
- Onisaago Community Ido Local Government, Ibadan.
Bidding for the installation completed.
The staff strength of the Ministry stood at nineteen (19) as at 30th October, 2014; this was made up of eleven (11) males and eight (8) females, with additional four (4) students on Industrial Attachment.
ADDRESS: 4th Floor, Water Corporation Building, State Secretariat, Ibadan.