- To promote and improve on the rights and wellbeing of women, children, the aged people with disabilities, destitute and the less privileged.
- Capacity building and empowerment of women.
- Enhance socio-economic growth and reduction of poverty through community development initiatives, improved social welfare activities and job creation.
- Work force development and improved Administrative processes i.e child adoption, adjudication of cases involving children, Repatriation and reintegration services.
Presently, the Ministry operates through eight (8) departments, so as to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in carrying out her mandate. These include:
- Women Programme Department
- Social Welfare Department
- Child Welfare Department
- Community Development Department
- Poverty Alleviation Department
- Finance and Accounts Department
- Administration and Supply Department
- Planning Research and Statistics.
And there are Zonal Offices and Women training centre in Ibadan, Oyo, Ogbomoso and Saki.
|MRS.¬† FAUSAT AJOKE SANNI||COMMISSIONER|
|MRS. ABOSEDE ABIOYE||PERMANENT SECRETARY|
SWO ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†‚Äď ¬†Social Welfare Officer
ASWO ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†‚Äď ¬†Assistant Social Welfare Officer
IRE¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†‚Äď ¬†Integrated Rural Enhancement
PSC ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ‚Äď¬†¬† Project Support Communication
CDO ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ‚Äď¬† ¬†Community Development Officer
CDI¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†‚Äď¬† Community Development Inspector
SH¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† ‚Äď¬†¬† Self Help