Office Of The Surveyor-General (State)
The Office of the State Surveyor-General was created about 5 years ago on the 16th May, 2007. It is an Extra-Ministerial Agency whose duties include to produce up-to-date and purposeful geographic information for the state, local government. Areas, towns and villages in order to facilitate smooth administration, sound economic planning and use development, tourism, research, delimitation and maintenance of state and local government boundaries, population and housing census.
To create and provide up-to- date and responsive Geo-Spatial data depicting the potentials of Land and the resources thereon in order to assist Government in effective planning, management and efficient deployment of the resources for the common good of the citizens of the state.
The state is blessed with about 28, 454sq.km of land most of which are still under-utilized for wealth creation. The Office intends to create a geoinformation database for planning, development of road constructions and other physical developments beneficial to the people of the state.
- To produce up-to-date and purposeful geographic information for state, local government areas, towns and villages in order to facilitate smooth administration, sound economic planning and land use development,Research, Delimitation and Maintenance of state and local government boundaries, population and housing census.
- To equip and modernize the office to keep pace with the ever advancing technology in the quest to generate optimal revenue from all Geo-spatial information services.
- To establish and maintain a robust geographic information laboratory in order to support the state physical, social and economic development.
The Honourable commissioner for Lands, Housing and Survey is the supervising Commissioner/Political Head for the Office. The Office is made up of Five (5) Departments as follows:
- Geodetic and Special Survey.
- Mapping, Geo-information and Administrative Boundaries
- Administration and Supplies
- Planning Research and Statistics
- Finance and Accounts
- Demarcation and survey of 4000 Ha of Land at Otu for Allied Atlantic Distilleries Limited.
- Demarcation and Survey of 1000Ha of Land at Igboora for Allied Distilleries Limited.
- Demarcation and Survey of 100 Ha of land along Lagos/Ibadan Expressway for Corner Stone University.
- Confirmation /Preliminary survey of land donated for Agriculture Initiative by five (5) Local Governments (Saki West Oorelope, Iwajowa, Ibarapa East and Iseyin).
- Subdivision of plots of lands and re-establishment surveys within the various GRA in the State.
- Survey of land for Anikasuld Company Limited at Agodi, Ibadan.
- Survey of Land for Breedwell Feed Limited at Esuoso village along Ijebu Ode Road, Ibadan.
- Survey of Land for Friendly Top Nigeria Limited at Obafemi Awolowo way, Molete, Ibadan.
- Survey of Land for Water Tank Stardium within Bodija Market, Ibadan.
- Charting and Inspection /Investigation of survey plans attached applications on Certificate of Occupancy and other title documents.
- Monitoring the practice of the Private Practising surveyors in the State.
- Compilation of the list of miners in the State with a view of interacting with them towards sensitizing them to rise up to their responsibilities on revenue generation of the State Govt.
- The Technical Sub-committee of the State Boundary Dispute Resolution Committee has waded into various disputed communities within the state such as: Bakatari, Eleso, Babaode,Saki East/ Saki West, Ibadan North West/Iddo Local Government. The visitation was to forestall breakdown of
law and order between the feuding towns.
- Survey of portion of Onigambari Forest reserve, for Ministry of Natural Resources, measuring about 2,000 Ha.
- Survey of Land for ROBOR Nigeria Limited,(200 Hectare along Ibadan/Lagos Expressway, Ibadan.
- Survey of Land for Krishat Pharmaceutical along Ibadan/Lagos Expressway, Ibadan (4.09 Hectares).
- Digital Mapping of Oyo State and Establishment of Geographic Information System. Siraj Holding S.A.L has been invited by the State Government: On-going
- Preliminary survey of proposed New G.R.A. Land at Iroko, along Ibadan/Oyo Expressway, Ibadan Akinyele Local Government (1,434 Hectares).
- Preliminary survey of proposed New G.R.A Land at Ore, Iwo-Road, Ibadan, Lagelu Local Government Area (205 Hectares).
- Preliminary survey of proposed New G.R.A at Sogunro along Ibadan/Oyo Expressway Akinyele Local Government Area (144 Hectares).
- Survey of 3.050 Hectares of lands for PICORAOD Company Limited off Ibadan/Ijebu Road, Ibadan.