A Local Council Development Area (LCDA) where everyone will be proud to live and/or work in tandem with the transformational agenda of the state government through efficient utilization of both human and material resources by highly motivated workforce
- Ensuring the provision of meaningful, developmental and people-oriented projects with a view to improve living standards.
- Provision of adequate security for lives and properties by extending support and co-operation to security agencies and security-related initiatives.
- Even and fair distribution of projects to all nooks and cranny of the LCDA
- A well motivated workforce that is ready to put in the best towards achieving the vision of the LCDA
- To ensure everyone in the LCDA enjoy conducive environment to pursue his/her legitimate pursuits.
- To restore confidence in public institution’s efficient and effective management of resources.
- To create an atmosphere of collective responsibility in the initiation, development, monitoring and management of public utilities/facilities.
- To set a path of development with clear cut vision and mission that administrations yet to come will find fascinating and interesting to pursue
The Local Council Development Area was created in August 2016 alongside other 34 LCDA’s across the state by the Sen. Abiola Ajimobi led administration. It was created to bring development closer to the people at the grassroots. It has its administrative and operational headquarters at Oja-Igbo, the base of the old Ogbomoso Local Government. The council was carved out of the present Ogbomoso North Local Government. As a matter of fact, the LCDA at present controls 8 wards out of the 10 wards constituting the former Ogbomoso North Local Government.
Indeed, Ogbomoso Central Local Council Development Area can best be described as purely metropolitan LCDA. It hosts the historic and respected palace of the revered monarch, the Soun of Ogbomosoland and other prominent traditional rulers.
The people of Ogbomoso Central LCDA are predominantly Yorubas though we have sizeable number of people from other tribes living and transacting one business or other in the area. This attests to the hospitality of the people and their readiness to accept visitors as long as the peace of the people is not threatened.
Size able number of the people engage in trading while others are farmers. In addition, we have reasonable percentage of our people as civil servants either with local, state or federal government not to mention those engaged by the private organizations around.
Presently, Ogbomoso Central Local Council Development Area (LCDA) controls 8 wards and these are:
- Isale Afon
- Isale Alasa
- Isale Ora
In addition to the publicly run schools, there are availability of privately owned primary and secondary schools in the council area. Also the prestigious Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) is within the jurisdiction of the LCDA. In short, access to institutions of learning is not a problem for our people.
In fact, the LCDA possess a lot of potentials in tourism. We have lots of tourist attractions. We also have standard hotels and relaxation centres for intending visitor/tourist to relax and unwind. One of the tourist attractions we have is the historic and agelong tortoise at the palace of Soun of Ogbomoso which according to history has spent above 300years. We also have annual masquerade festivals which attract people from far and near among others. Ogbomoso Central LCDA parades the best hotels and guest houses in town. These include but not limited to the following:
- Siktian Hotel, Oke-Olodo
- Love D Light Palace, Behind School of Science, Ogbomoso
- Amazing Suites and Gardens, Under G Area
- Doyin Guest House
- Kolarintz Suite, Adenike Area
- Next Hotel, LAUTECH Area
- Jolanik Hotel, Under G Area
- Ajogbe Guest House, Under G
- Ajarat Guest House, Ajagungbade Quarters, Under G
- D Kit Hotel, Under G
- Bolan Suites & Gardens, Under G
- Havilah Event Centre, along Iresa Road
- Yiron Event Centre, along Iresa Road
- Sajet Event Centre among others
- Legacy Event Centre, Soun High School Are
- Alata Milk & Honey, Under G
- Amazing Delicacy, Under G
- Mama Tee, Under G
- Lagos Kitchen, Under G
- African Continental, Under G
- Satisfier Restaurant, Under G
- Aunty Maggy’s Kitchen, Adenike Area.
The LCDA places high premium on the issue of safety of lives and property. As such, it has contributed to play both supportive and collaborative efforts with the security agencies in order to ensure that people move around without fear and transact their lawful business. The LCDA has been supporting the existing and conventional security apparatus and also collaborate with the latter with its vigilante team in ensuring that the area is kept clean of miscreants that could punctuate the peaceful atmosphere prevalent in our society.
At present, the LCDA effectively run seven health/maternity centres. These include: Okeelerin, Aduin, Masifa, Gaa Masifa, Baaki and the Ibrahim Taiwo Primary Healthcare Centre, Oja’gbo. Apart from these facilities, we have quite a number of registered health facilities. In addition, there is a teaching hospital lying and situated at Ogbomoso North- Bowen University Teaching Hospital and LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, all within the reach in less than ten minutes drive
- Road Maintenance and Construction
- Improved healthcare delivery system
- Adequate attention to the educational needs of our children
- More support and collaboration in the area of protection of lives and property
- Attention to be given to the aged, widow and vulnerable in the area.
- Necessary support for farmers and agro-related ventures with a view to economically empower our people
- Staff welfare and motivation
- Empowerment programme especially for our teeming unemployed youth.
Name: Barrister Sulayman Dawud Abayomi Abese
Status: Chairman, Ogbomoso Central LCDA
Address: Office of the Chairman, Ogbomoso Central LCDA Oja-Igbo, Ogbomoso, Oyo State Nigeria
Phone: +2348034521431, +2348026579000