The present Ogbomoso North Local Government Area with its Administrative Headquarters at Kinnira was carved out of the Old Ogbomoso Local Council on the 27th September, 1991, the Old Ogbomoso Local Council was however established on 1st of April,1973.
The Local Government being an urban area is strategically located and serves as link to Northern part of the country.
It covers total land mass of 207978 square kilometres and using the growth rate of 3.2% from 2006 census, the 2010 estimated population, the Local Government Area is put at 225,408. The Local Government Area is bounded by Ogbomoso South, Orire and Surulere Local Government Areas to the West and East respectively.
The predominate religions are Christian and Islam. The indigenes of the Local Government Area are well known for subsistent farming; Ogbomoso North Local Government comprises multiethnic Tribes in their great numbers with the Yorubas, constituting the largest percentage.
Availability of various favourable investment indices such as financial institutions, hotels of international standard, Teaching, General and Private Hospitals, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH); make the Local Government area an urban settlement.
The presence of Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) and appreciable larger population couple with good road network are suitably on ground to complement required factors for location of industry.
The Local Government is blessed with sizable number of tourist attractions like Soun’s Palace, Ogunlola site and Ladoke Akintola (Former Premier of Western Region) building.
The Local Government is blessed with notable illustrious sons and daughters who had and still playing pivotal voles in the Nation so – political, economic, security, and education parlance.
Amongst these important personalities are late S.L. Akintola (Former Premier of Western Region), Late Ibrahim Taiwo (former military Governor of Kwara State), War veteran Brigadier – General Benjamin Adekunle (the Black Scorpion) RTD Inspector General of Police, Asiwaju Sunday Adewusi and others too numerous to mention.
Moreover, the Local Government is endowed with markets situated at various locations being patronized by business men and women
Presently, the Local Government is among the thirty three (33) Local Government Administration in the state being admin stared by a transition committee headed by HON OLAMIJUWONLO ALAO (JP) He is aided by his personal assistants namely- Oyediran Abiola and Abdullahi Muktar Bello
The past chairmen have succeeded to do constructions of culverts, drainages and Asphaltic tarring of roads in the following areas in Ogbomoso; Ayo Adeyemo Road, NTC Quarters Road, Masifa Road, Olomi / Igbo Sia, renovation of Oke Elerin Community Hall Phonex Alhaji Sumanla . Road Construction of Paedes Grian Bridge at Odo-Oru, construction of modern public toilets and drilling of boreholes
- EDUCATION: Printing and distribution of big notes to pupils in primary schools. Payment of bursary award to indigent students of the Local Government. Construction of a block of 3 class rooms
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH: evacuation of refuse and clearing of blocked drainages were regularly done. This included the weekly and monthly sanitations were being observed as directed by the State Government.
- MEDICAL: Regular supply of drugs and other medical facilities to all health centres. Commissioning of mini-clinic by her Excellence- Mrs. Florence Ajimobi. National Programme on Immunization
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT : Installation of transformer, electrifications and repairs of electricity project
- YOUTH AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT: Recruitment of Ad-Hoc Staff to Health Centre. Assistance to women to start small scale businesses. Donations of cash gifts, clothes and foods to widows. Recruitment of security personnel
- AGRICULTURE: Distribution of 10 Bajaj Boxer Motorcycle with 20 crash helmets to Ward Chairmen and Youth leaders’ procurement of farm tools and treated maize for distribution to farmers.
HON. OLAMIJUWONLO ALAO: Has succeeded in performing some achievements like the recent evacuation of refuse at Sabo Tara and donation of financial assistants