The vision of the Ogbomoso South Local Government is enhancement of health and well being of the Citizen, Peace, and Security of life and property, socio- economic development, food security and infrastructural development.
The mission of the Local Government is provision of social amenities, medical and health facilities collaboration with security operatives to ensure security, awareness creation, promotion of food production, provision and maintenance of road and educational materials.
- To provide regular sensitization to the populace on the need to be security conscious
- To have formidable work force
- To educate pupil to be self reliant
- To give pupils basic education
- To prevent infrastructure decay
- To provide enabling environment
- To set pace for development
- To give room for commercial development
- To enhance aesthetic quality of the environment
- To attract investors and developers
- To produce enough food stuff for growing population for both human being and animal
- To provide gainful employment opportunity
The Transition Committee Chairman, Hon. Sunday Adedeji, is the political Head of the Local Government. He issues directives on day – to – day running of the Local Government and gives approvals, to policy issues.
The Head of Local Government Administration, Mr Isaac Olugbade Osunsola is the Administrative Head of the Local Government. He works directly to the Chairman and Co-ordinates to the activities of all departments in the Local Government.
There are eight (8) functional departments in the Local Government. The departments are:
- Administration and General Services
- Finance and Supplies
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Budgets, Planning, Research and Statistics
- Education and Social services
- Environmental Health Care
- Primary Health Care
- Works, Transport, Housing, Land and survey
Each of the departments is being manned by a director and assisted by a deputy director except for the departments of Budgets, Planning, Research and Statistics and Primary Health Care, who are yet to have deputy directors. Also, there are units/sectional heads, which include the Internal Auditors who is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring internal prudency of the finances of the Local Government, Others include Head of Estate &Valuation Unit, Establishment Officer, Cashier, Rate Officer and so forth.
Sequel to the creation of Ogbomoso South West Local Government Council Development Area, Ogbomoso South Local Government has about one Hundred and seventy-two (172) regular members of staff with about one Hundred and thirty-seven (137) casual staff members of various categories. These include the vigilantes, the street sweepers, vital registration assistants’ adhoc staff and skills acquisition center manager.
Development thrives in peaceful and secured environment. This Local Government is reputed for prevailing peace and security of life and property.
Generally, the populace are peace loving; there is religious tolerance and ethnic groups co-exist in harmony. To sustain this trend, the peace and security committee serve as standing stabilizing agent for preventing by nipping in the bud any potential act capable of threatening peace and security in the Local Government Area.
The Local Government also maintains cordial Inter-Governmental relationship with the security operatives and other government agencies within the Local Government by giving them logistic support when necessary.
The officials of the Local Government are also performing their statutory responsibilities in consonance with the rules and regulations guiding the operational activities of the Local Government Service.
Despite the daunting financial challenges, the Local Government recorded a number of landmark achievements. Some of the projects are listed below
- Construction of Asphaltic tarring of State Hospital Beulah Baptist Center Road, – Length: 700m, width: 7.50m
- Construction of asphaltic tarring of Secretariat Complex –Alhaji Sodiq Sekengbede Street – length: 450m,Av width: 7.5m
- Construction of Asphaltic tarring of Barr. Adesanya Street. Off Ogbomoso/Lagbedu Road – length:163m, Av width: 8.20m
- Construction of Asphaltic tarring of The Apostolic Church Alapata Assembly/Papa Akintola Residence Road –Length: 395m, Av Width: 7.20m
- Construction of culverts and drains, Earthworks and Asphaltic Paving of Muslim Junction Agbala iyanu –Arch, America-Baba Ayan Road, Sanuaje Area, Ogbomoso, Length:1500m, Av Width: 7.3
- Construction of culvert and drains, Earthworks and Asphaltic paving of Idi-Oro Baptist Church Road , Ogbomoso Length:430m, Av Width7.3
- Construction of culvert and drains, Earthworks and Asphaltic paving of Federal Road Safety – Kajola Oluwatedo Technical college Junction- St-Ferdinand Grammar School Road, Ogbomoso Length:630m Av. Width:9m
- Construction of culvert and drains, Earthworks and Asphaltic paving of waska 7th Day- Love Azeez Residence Road Length: 150m Av Width:7.20 Renovation of information & Communication Technology Center, at Baptist Sec. Grammar School, Ahoyaya.
- Renovation of information & Communication Technology Centre, at Baptist Secondary Grammar School, Ahoyaya
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at the Apostolic Primary School II
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at Abede Primary School
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at The Apostolic Model School
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at the Ayegun Primary School II
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at A.U.D Primary School, Awoye Street.
- Construction of a Block of Three (3) Classrooms at Kajola Primary School
- Construction of a Modern Maternity Center, Ibapon Adindi
- Production and distribution of customized exercise books to all Primary Schools in the Local Government-2013
- Purchase of Hyundai Motor Car (Office of the chairman)
- Purchase of Toyota Corolla (Office of the HLA)
- Purchase of a new Motor Grader machine (Model 120k)
- Purchase of one new Bulldozer (D6R Model)
- Purchase of one new Lowbed (DAF)truck
In addition to the foregoing, other projects executed are.
- Rehabilitation of Roads across the Local Government
- Repair of boreholes
- Drilling of a number of boreholes
- Purchase and distribution of school uniforms to pupils in the public primary
- Payment of bursary award to students, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Empowerment of women, widows, youth and farmers
- Purchase of essential drugs on monthly basis
- Conduct of weekly and monthly environmental sanitation exercises
- Stocking of poultry pen with 1,000 point of lay birds and their maintenance
- Purchase of 16 number of Mersey Fergusson (MF) Tractors via the State Government
- Construction of a block of open stalls (20units) at Kajola Market, Ogbomoso.
Hon. Sunday Adedeji, Ogbomoso South Local Government Chairman, Arowomole.
Ogbomoso South Local Government is the one of the Local Government created from the defunct Ogbomoso Local Government in 1991 by Military Administration, Idi- igba, Gaa- Lagbedu, Kajola, Kowe, Oke- Ola, Adeoye, Onidewure, Molete, Arowomole, Sanuaje, Obandi, Ijeru, Ayegun and Oke Alapata are some of the major towns in the Council.
Undoubtedly, people in the area are well known in the field of farming and their contribution in terms of food production in Oyo State cannot be overestimated.
Also, on humanitarian groups Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, and Tivs are living in the area without harassment intimidation or humiliation.
The Local Government shares boundary with Surulere in the East, Orire in the West, Ogbomoso North and Ogo-oluwa Local Government in the south. Politically, the Local Government Area is divided into 10 wards in order to facilitate easy administration sequel to 2006 population census, the figure of the council area is 106,682. The area is good for planting cassava, maize, cashew, mango and yam.
In its attempt to boost the production of food in the council and Oyo State in particular, certain principles have been executed. Few of them go as follows:
- Distribution of fertilizer to farmers
- Provision of tractor for the use of the farmer at subsidized rate
Some basic infrastructures have been put in place by Ogbomoso South Local Government to improve the living standard of its people. Below are some of the hints on the facilities.
- Construction and maintenance of roads.
- Distribution of drugs to health centers and so forth.