- Ensuring that residence of Oyo State have access to good healthcare service;
- Ensuring that all residence of Oyo State have financial protection, feasible access to quality and affordable healthcare service;
- Protecting families from the financial attributes of huge medical bills;
- Limiting the rise in the cost of healthcare services;
- To ensure that the poor and vulnerable shall be guaranteed the basic minimum package has defined under the National Health Act amongst others;
- Ensuring equitable distribution of health care costs across different income groups;
- Maintaining high standard of health care delivery services within the health sector;
- Ensuring efficiency in health care services delivery;
Oyo State Health Insurance Agency operate to facilitate reduction in out-of-pocket expenditure on health, provide financial risk protections and cost burden sharing for people of Oyo State against high cost of health care, through pooling and judicious utilization of financial resources and various pre-payment plans prior to falling ill.
Oyo State Health Insurance Agency was established on 28th of August 2015 by approval of his Excellency the Executive Governor of. Shortly after it establishment , the Agency moved to its office complex located at quarters 626, Link Reservation, Onireke Ibadan operating fully with three Directorates vis a vis Directorate of Human of Resource & Administration, Directorate of Finance & Account and Directorate of Technical Operations all headed by the Executive Secretary Dr. Sola Akande. Also, OYSHIA Governing Board was inaugurated in April 2017 to ease the process of administration.
Directorate of Human Resources & Administration
- Recruitment of Staff & Issuance of appointment letters.
- Conduct of promotion exercise for staff.
- Creation of zonal offices within the state.
- Staff welfare and discipline.
- Training & Human Development for staff.
- General Office maintenance.
- Coordinates Planning & budgeting.
- Research & Publications.
- Coordinates Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Establishment and maintenance of the agency’s Library.
- Interfacing with other MDAs & tracking of other projects of concern to the agency.
- Procurement of goods and services
Note: The Department of Planning, Research and Statistics is embedded in this department.
Directorate of Finance & Accounts
- Receipt, custody and disbursement of funds.
- Liaising with other financial activities.
- Management of operational budgets.
- Payment of salaries and entitlements of staff.
- Facilitation of auditing of accounts.
- Payments to HMOs in respect of capitation & fee-for-service.
- Coordination of the monitoring of verification of payment to healthcare facilities.
- Verification of cleaning from HMOs
Directorate of Standard Quality Assurance & Marketing
- Ensures that quality healthcare delivery is provided by the HMOs (health maintenance organizations), health care facilities & other stakeholders.
- Accreditation of healthcare facilities.
- Registration of health maintenance organizations (HMOs).
- Enforcement on stakeholders compliance
- Ensures effective & efficient services delivery to all enrollees.
- Responsible for marketing of agency programme & interventions.
- Coordinating public private partnership initiatives.
- Inspection of procured goods and services (Internal Control Mechanism).
Directorate of Technical Operations
- Oversees the development, implementation and periodic review of various health insurance programmes of the agency for: Formal sector, informal sector, Schools and Institutions and Vulnerable groups.
- Coordinating of insurance programmes under ambulance service and mobile health.
- Coordination of public, private partnership interventions and collaborations.
Directorate of Information & Communication Technology
- Development, Design, provision, support and maintenance of all technology aspects of the agency operations. This include but not limited to hardware, soft, network connectivity, enrollee database, collaboration suites, office productivity tools, storage system, data security and personnel IT awareness.
|DR. SOLA AKANDE||EXECUTIVE SECRETARY|