The Oyo State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency (OYSIMCA) is a one – stop shop for the regulation of Utility Infrastructure, control and regulation of erection of masts, towers and cables within the geographical boundaries of Oyo State.
Oyo State Infrastructure Management and Control Agency
About Oyo State BIR (OYSIMCA)
Oyo State Community and Social Development Agency Mission, Vision and Objectives
- Establish standards and procedures for constructing lines and laying of cables across public lands and property.
- Construct and coordinate schedules among utility service providers in Oyo state.
- Supervise the use, repair, resurfacing and construction of damaged roads in Oyo state.
- Ensure Public safety in the use of public rights of way by Water, Gas, Communications and Electrical Companies in Oyo state.
- Keep tracks of the various systems using the public rights of way to prevent interference among facilities.
- Monitor the erection of towers, masts or laying of cables within the state in the interest of public health and safety.
- Prevent the breaking of roads without a permit.
- Reduce damage to Public utilities.
- Establish harmonized routes for laying of cables.
- Coordinate and harmonize the routes used by private telecommunication operators.
- Perform such other functions as may be specified by any Law or Enactment.
- Undertake such other activities as are necessarily expedient for giving full effect to the provision of the Oyo State Infrastructure Maintenance and Control of Infrastructure Agency Law, 2016.
- Issue permits to all proprietors and operators of telecommunication masts, towers, parabolic and other types of antenna and similar structures within the State.
- Disconnect and dismantle cables and other infrastructure erected or laid without obtaining the necessary permit from the Agency.
- Authorize any officer of the Agency to inspect any infrastructure for the purpose of determining whether it complies with the provisions of this Law and the regulations made here under and such inspection shall be between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
- Engage consultants to carry out the assessment, collection, remittance and monitoring of levies and charges imposed on utility companies, radio and television stations, telecommunication operators, satellite television providers, satellite service providers, original equipment manufacturers, cell site builders and infrastructure developers.
- Determine rates at which ducts and sub-ducts are shared.
- Determine rates at which the State shall lease spare ducts for the installation of fibre optic cables and infrastructure.
- Determine rates for right of way, building approval levies on communication sites and any infrastructure including building or planning permit fee, ratification fee and annual administration fee.
- Stipulate the period for the ratification of existing infrastructure prior to decommissioning.
- Delegate the issuance of decommissioning notice. Prepare notice to the people of the State informing them of the discontinuation of a highway road, pipeline or cables.