Oyo State Planning Commission Vision, Mission and Objectives
Our Slogan is ” Efficient Planning for Good Governance”
Our Slogan is “Efficient Planning for Good Governance”
- Provide policy advice to the Chief Executive of the State;
- Set the State goals in line with the national objectives and ensure consensus among Government Agencies, Corporate Bodies, NGO’s and Workers Unions in support and accomplishment of such priorities and goals as may be contained in the guidelines issued by the Commission from time to time;
- Formulate and prepare long-term, medium-term and short-term Oyo State Development Plans and coordinate such plans at State and Local Government levels;
- Monitor, review and evaluate the performance of the government projects and progress relating to plan implementation;
- Undertake periodic review and appraisal of human and material resources capability in Oyo State with a view to advising on their suitability, advancement, development, training, and efficiency and effective utilization;
- Conduct research into various aspect of Oyo State Government interests, public policy and ensure that the implementations and results of findings in such research are geared towards enhancement of the State economic, technological, human and social capabilities and management;
- Convene Economic Summit as and when necessary to chart developmental course for the State;
- To give advice, guidance and directives to all agencies so as to ensure their efficient operation within the framework of the State Development Plan;
- Manage State peer economic cooperation, including development aid and technical assistance programming;
- Coordinate all technical assistance including intervention programmes and liaise with the appropriate Federal Government Agency and Development Partners
- Produce plan documents from which State annual budget could be drawn and ensure effective linkage between plans and budget;
- Assess the resources available in the State. Formulate plans for effective use of these resources and Periodically appraise the progress of the plan
- Serve as secretariat to the State Economic Council and Joint Planning Board
- Carry out such other activities as are necessary or expedient for the full discharge of all or any of the functions conferred on the Commission under the Oyo State Law.
AS MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC PLANNING AND BUDGET (2011-2015)
- Passage of the bill for the establishment of the Bureau of Statistics;
- 2012 Conceptualization and constitution of the State Budget Implementation Monitoring Committee to review MDAs monthly budgetary performance on Revenue and Expenditure and improve revenue drive in Oyo State;
- Introduction of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS ) into State annual budgeting system in 2015;
- Restructuring of the State Civil Service into the 13 ministry structure for efficient and effective service delivery;
- Introduction of Zero Based Budgeting System in all MDAs;
- Institutionalization of Monitoring & Evaluation in MDAs for transparent, efficient and accountable utilization of Government resources in the State.
ACHIEVEMENTS AS STATE PLANNING COMMISSION, 2016-2017
- Creation of the Department of Development Partnership in the State to better coordinate Official Development Assistance (ODA) in the State
- Injection of the sum of N258,101,910.00 (2015 – 2016) as capital receipt through participation in United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) III 2015 – 2017 Programme under the following thematic areas:
- Good Governance
- Social Capital Development
- Equitable and Sustainable Economic Growth
- Human Security and Risk Management
- Partnership with UNIDO and Nigerian Breweries on Sustainable Water Development and Water Stewardship in Ibadan Metropolis;
- MDAs Capacity Building and design of MDA’s Annual Work Plan to guide 2017 Budget Implementation and Monitoring
- Cascading the Transformation agenda embedded in the six Cardinal Objectives of the administration into strategic plan and an economic growth model for the 68 LGAs/LCDAs in Oyo State.
- UNIDO/Nigeria Breweries plc is in partnership with Oyo State Government on promoting sustainable Water Development and Stewardship in Ibadan metropolis
- Collaborating with United Nation System in Nigeria to operationalize Delivery as One (DAO) strategy through the United Nations Development Assistant framework to enhance the performance and sustainable impact of the joint response to the development needs of the states.
- Mapping of social safety programmes in the state to enhance better delivery.
- Collaborating with UNICEF to Develop Strategic Plan for Nutrition Programmes in the State.
- Development of M&E policy to institutionalise M&E system in the State.
- MACRO-ECONOMIC PLANNING
- MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP
- RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- ADMINSTRATION AND SUPPLIES
- FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS
MACRO ECONOMIC PLANNING DEPARTMENT:
- Coordinate the development of medium to long term strategic plan for the State;
- Formulate economic policies for the attainment of the State Development aspirations and expansion of its economic base;
- Carry out period reviews of the projects and programmes in the plan in order to ensure conformity with laid down objectives;
- Focal point for coordinating activities of the Planning Research and Statistics Departments (PRSDs) in the State Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs);
- Focal point for the State Economic Summit
MONITORING AND EVALUATION DEPARTMENT:
- Carry-out inspection visits of on-going projects in the Development plan with a view to identifying bottlenecks in plan implementation and advising Government accordingly;
- Prepare pre-feasibility reports, analyse and appraise projects for the purpose of determining their social and economic viability;
- Develop Sector Performance Management Report and Scorecard to monitor and evaluate government performance at sectoral level;
- Collaborate with MDAs to develop results-focused, key performance indicators and clearly defined performance targets upon which progress would be measured;
DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP DEPARTMENT:
- Coordinate all technical assistance including intervention programmes and liaise with the National Planning Commission and Development Partners;
- Explore ways of attracting externally funded programmes and projects to the State
- Source, leverage and channel donor aids and Federal Government funds to relevant MDAs
- Monitor donor funded programmes/projects
- Hold regular consultations with Development partners to maintain strong links with the coordinating technical committees on development programmes.
- Maintain strong coordinating links with all the focal MDAs involved in donor assisted programmes/projects.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT:
- Conduct research into various aspect of State Government interests, public policy and ensure that the implementations and results of findings in such research are geared towards enhancement of the State economic, technological, human and social capabilities and management;
- Conduct and develop research based policy plans for the State Government;
- Source for data and information for planning purposes;
- Maintain Database for key Socio-economic indicators by Interfacing with National Planning Commission, National & State Bureau of Statistics, CBN, Development Partners and other research institutes for capturing of leading economic composite indicators, policy evaluation and interpretation of effective economic planning.
ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPLIES DEPARTMENT:
- Provides human and natural management service to other departments;
- General office management running;
- Transport management;
- Registry management;
- Property management;
- Effective utilization of human resources for the achievement of organization goal/objectives.
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS:
- Responsible for the development and installation of efficient accounting system of the Commission;
- Taking charge of accounting duties;
- Taking charge of the disbursement of funds of the Commission;
- Managing all funds and public money due and receivable in the Commission;
- Advising the chief executive, the Accounting Officer and other Departmental Heads on accounting matters.
|1999||Creation of State Planning Commission (SPC) from Ministry of Finance,Budget and Planning by Alhaji Lamidi Adesina Administration|
|2003||SPC transformed to Ministry of Special Duties during Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Administration|
|2006||Creation of State Planning Commission from the Ministry of Special Duties by Otunba Adebayo Alao Akala|
|2007||Merger of State Planning Commission with Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning by Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja Administration|
|2008||Resuscitation of State Planning Commission from Ministry of Finance, Budget and Planning by Otunba Adebayo Alao Akala|
|2011||Transformation of State Planning Commission into Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget by Senator Abiola Ajimobi|
|2016||Resuscitation of State Planning Commission by Senator Abiola Ajimobi|
|MRS. MOFOLUKE O. ADEBIYI||PERMANENT SECRETARY|
|MR. A.A. ADEDIRAN||DIRECTOR(MACRO ECONOMIC PLANNING)|
|MR. O.M. OKESADE||DIRECTOR (MONITORING & EVALUATION)|
|MR. L.A. OSUNGBEKUN||DIRECTOR (DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP)|
|MR. A.O. AKINDELE||DIRECTOR(RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT)|
|MR. N.B. MOLOMO||DIRECTOR (ADMINISTRATION & SUPPLIES)|
|MR. A.K. OYEYEM||DIRECTOR(FINANCE & ACCOUNTS)|
Dr. Isiaka Olayinka Kolawole Special Adviser (Economic Planning and Budget)
OYO STATE OCCUPIES 6TH POSITION ON THE NATIONAL VOTERS REGISTRATION
The Independence National Electoral Commission in exercising its statutory responsibility has released the figures of registered voters in the country as at 2018. The information as presented by the body stood at 73,995,765. This comprised of 68,833,476 (2015) and 5,162,289 (1st Q2018) which is an increase of 7.5% when compared with the 2015 figure which showed that total registered voters as at 2018 stood at 73,995,765. Oyo State occupies 6th position on the table. The table and chart below showed the position of each State.