Our vision is to become a dynamic, responsive, and best road maintenance agency in Nigeria providing all-season smooth riding and quality road network throughout the state.
To optimally utilize available dedicated team of professionals and material resources in achieving zero tolerance for potholes on our roads.
The Objectives of the Oyo State Public Works (OYPW) in line with the edict establishing the Institution are:
- To carryout planning, execution and evaluation of road maintenance activities in the State;
- To make policy recommendations to Government on matters relating to road maintenance and safety on roads;
- Repair and rehabilitate roads within the State;
- Maintain all existing roads and other hydraulic facilities, plants and equipment;
- Carry out other assignment as might be given by the Governor.
- Identify all possible causes of road failure and provide proactive measures to prevent road failure.
- In case of failure, identify the causes and rectify any design error that might have led to the failure
- Maintain a database of all State road conditions and suggest maintenance activities to Government as the need arises.
We adopt the core values such as integrity, timeliness, dedication to excellence, and quality service delivery to road users in actualizing our laudable vision/mission.