The Vision, Mission And Achivements Of State’s Service and security department
To ensure effective coordination of all activities of Oyo State Government towards the Institutionalization of good and purposeful governance as well as ensuring speedy transformation, restoration and re-positioning of Oyo State to its pace-setting status.
- To coordinate activities of Oyo State Government and oversee other arms of Government through:
- Collaboration with other arms of government for effective service delivery to the people of the State.
- Improved security of lives and properties.
- Provision of adequate equipment and logistics for the enhancement of performances of various categories of public office holders.
- Attainment of effective and efficient service delivery to the people of the State.
- Achieve a less paper dependent administration.
- Achieve a situation where there would be uninterrupted power supply in the State Secretariat.
- Creation of peaceful and crime-free environment in the State.
- Achieve compliance with Due Process and value for public funds on all programmes and policies of government.
- Reduction of all forms of disaster to the bearest minimum.
- Complete automation of government activities.
- Establishment of Oyo State Security Trust Fund (OYSSTF), which was not inexistence before the advent of the present administration
- Promotion of Peace and Peaceful Co-existence among various Religious Groups and adherents in the State through the establishment of OYSIREC
- Regular Security Council meetings unlike the immediate past when meetings were irregular and were not held more than once in a year
- Cordial Inter-Agency/Government Relationship
- Regular Stakeholders meeting on Boundary Matters
- Coordination of Stakeholders meeting between Volatile/ Restive Groups Farmers/Fulani Herdsmen Communities
- Reduced Crime rate had led to influx Investors/Foreign Partners to the State.
- Inauguration of Oyo State Joint Security Patrol Squad “Operation Burst” by His Excellency, the Executive Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi on 9th December, 2011.
- Construction of Transit Camp for personnel of Oyo State Joint Security Taskforce “Operation Burst” at the Operational Headquarters, Ibadan. The State Government embarked on this project to ease the accommodation problem of the officers and men of the State Security outfit and boost their morale for prompt delivery of service.
- Oyo State Inter-Religious/Inter-Ethnic Committee (OYSIREC) to be sustained and fortified
- Joint Security Patrol Squad (Operation Burst) Personnel increased as needs arise
- Procurement of more Crime Fighting Security Equipment e.g. Patrol Vehicles (132 spread across 4years), Armoured Personnel Carriers (12APCs spread across 4years), 10 Surveillance Vehicles and other Security gadgets
- Generation of more funds to Oyo State Security Trust Fund (OYSSTF) for Security Operations through Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Demonstration and Application of Political will by the present Administration to deal with violent prone groups in the State
- Regular Hosting of Security Council Meeting
- Provision of Employment to the teeming Youths in the State who are vulnerable to violence, through various MDAs
- Synergy and Collaborative Efforts between the State Government and various Security Agencies
Provision of Empowerment Programmes in the State, such as:
- Loans Grants to market men and women .Establishment of Vocational and ICT Programmes.
- Establishment of Farm Settlements and encouragement of Youth in Farming activities.
- Regular Interactive Security Stakeholders Meeting with Security Agencies, Trade Unions, Students, Artisans, Quarry and Explosives, Shopping Malls, Telecommunication Operators, Educational Institutions, Faith Based Organisations and Operators of Oil and Gas in the State