Wewe Local Council Development Area was created on 16th January, 2017by His Excellency, Senator Ishaq Abiola Ajumobi, The Executive Governor of Oyo State. It was carved out of Saki West Local Government, Saki which was splited into three Council Areas namely Saki West Local Government, Wewe and Asabari Local Council Development Areas
Meanwhile, the Local Council Development Area has a total population of about One Hundred and Fifty Thousand, (150,000) Going by 2015 population projection.
The economic activities at Wewe Local Council Development Area include the following: Production of Iron pots, Shear butters, Bakery, Table Water Factories, Petroleum Filling Stations, Tourist centers and Farming. Wewe Local Council Development Area Secretariat is situated at Idi-Araba area of Saki.
Geograpically, the Local Council Development Area is bounded in the East by Saki East Local Government, in the north by ATISBO Local Government, in the West by SAKI West L.G and in the South by Asabari Local Council Development Area. The Local Council Development Area covers about 600 kilometers. The terrain is a Water Logged Area as there are many rivers that joined Wewe Rivers which makes the Local Council Development to be named after the River Wewe.
The Composition of the Local Council Development Area includes various ethnic groups and other foreign nationals who are mostly elite. However, the Yorubas being the Land Lords dominate the area, the Igbo and Hausa also have their presence registered and they are given chieftency titles to make them have a real sense of belonging. Inter marriage has been going on among the various communities in the Local Council Development Area.
- SUNDAY AFOLABI AREMU (JP) -COUNCIL MANAGER
- YUSUF ADEMOLA -DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL SERVICES
- OYINLOLA F.O -DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & SUPPLY
- OLAOLU OLDELE FESTUS -DIRECTOR OF WORKS
- A. O IGE -DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE & NATURAL RESOURCES
- AGBOOLA S. 0 -HEAD OF ESTATE & VALUTION
- E.M. OLAWUWO -DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION & SOCIAL SERVICES
- EVANGELIST R.B AYODELE -DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
- ADEOTI ADESOJI -DIRECTOR OF BUDGET
- ADELEKE MUDA KEJI -INTERNAL AUDITOR
- SUULOLA KEHINDE ADEBOLA -P H C CORDINATOR
- OGUNSOLA TEMILADE -INFORMATION OFFICER
PRESENT POLITICAL HEAD
- OLANIYI OLAWUWO -CARETAKER CHAIRMAN WEWE LCDA