Corporations in Oyo State
- Facilitate access to land so that Government, its agencies and private developers may own parcels of land for social and economic development of Oyo state through implementation of the provision of the general land policy.
- Management and control of land and landed properties and valuation of the interest in land.
- Formulation of general housing policy for Government and the Management of the public servants’ Housing Loan scheme.
- Creating, registering and keeping record of all interest in land in Oyo state.
- Realizing optimal revenue returns from all land transaction in state.
The establishment of PCC is a significant landmark by the current Administration. The Commission being the first of its kind in the Country was established to address the inadequacies observed in the way staff matters were handled by Corporations. the Commission came into being through administrative pronouncement of Government with the posting of the Permanent Secretary in February, 2016 and later the posting of supportive gaff in the same month.
- Overseeing the personnel activities of State owned Corporations.
- Ensure that staff to Public Corporations function effectively and efficiently in the areas of service delivery and revenue generation.
- Ensure that personnel disposition/recruitment are properly aligned with the revenue generation capabilities of the respective Corporations.
- Monitor the process of staff recruitment of the Corporations to ensure equitable spread with specific consideration on the peculiar socio-geo political indices of Oyo State.
- Proper realignment al Personnel of Public Corporations in line with the core mandates the respective Corporations and the edicts establishing them.
- Eliminate indiscriminate transfer of Personnel between Public Corporations and mainstream Civil Service.
- Establish the Personnel requirement model and also make future personnel requirement projection for Public Corporations.
- Stoppage of indiscriminate appointments, recruitments and promotions made without recourse to standard processes and procedures.
- Establishment and enforcement of standard Discipline procedures for the various categories of personnel in Public Corporations.
- Develop a uniform Scheme of Service and Financial Regulations for Public Corporations in the State.
The establishment of Public Corporations’ Commission by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Oyo State in February, 2016 is without doubt a landmark achievement of the present Administration.
The establishment of the Commission is another policy aimed at restoring the Pacesetter status of Oyo State due to the fact that the Commission is the first of RS kind in the Country, thus, replicating the glorious days of the Western Region that had the Statutory Corporations Service Commission, which was monitoring the activities of Government Corporations in areas of Agriculture, Industrial development, Housing, water supply, broadcasting and Sports development. Since Human Resources is an essential component in the realization of Government cardinal goats, hence the main objective of the Public Corporations Commission is to ensure that skillful and highly resourceful personnel are engage in the State Public Corporations for efficient service delivery.
Some of the notable achievements of the Commission in the last one year include:
(1) Stoppage of indiscriminate appointment in Public Corporations in Oyo State thereby reducing the overall wage bill of the State
(2) Reduction in the incidence of certificate forgery in Public Corporations through routine scrutiny of the entire service documents of Public Corporation workers which are now domiciled with the Public Corporations Commission.
(3) Improved productivity of personnel of Public Corporations in the State as evidenced by recent improvement in the performance of Corporations in the core areas of Service delivery and Revenue Generation shortly after the establishment of the Public Corporations Commission.
(4) Improved relationship between Public Corporations and Security Agencies facilitated by the Public Corporations Commission resulting in significant increase In revenue generation of Public Corporations.
(5) Improvement in the process and effectiveness of Personnel recruitment for Public Corporations in Oyo State thereby ensuring that proper individuals with required qualifications and experience are appointed which has resulted in greater efficiency of the Personnel of Public Corporations with corresponding increase in the overall productivity of Public Corporations of Oyo State.
(6) Normalization of new Appointments, Conversions, Secondments and Inter-Cadre transfers in all the Corporations under this Commission.
(7) The Commission successfully commenced revenue generation for the State Government through penalties on abandoned vehicles parked at the Oyo State Mass Transit Park by the Nigeria Police.
(8) The Commission successfully rectified Promotion and Conversion anomalies through the activities of the Department of Recruitment and Monitoring.
(9) Rapid and effective dissemination of information to the Corporations for prompt implementation of Government programmes and policies.
- Development of plans for PCC in line with higher strategic plans of the State
- Research into the establishment matters of Corporations with a view to identifying shortcomings and how to improve accordingly.
- Collate, analyse and store Personnel data of Corporations to among others guide the Commission is decision-making.
- Monitor and evaluate programmes activities and projects of the Commission.
- Collation and analysis of Corporations’ Personnel monthly report of activities.
- Collation and analysis of PCC departmental report of activities.
- Preparation of capital and recurrent annual Estimates of PCC.
- Procurement and maintenance of hard and software systems of the Commission.
- Obtaining and making available of relevant statistical data to relevant organisations.