Ibadan North West local government was created in 1991 by the then Military head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd). The Local Government covers a large area of land with a population of about 152,834 according to (2006) National Population Census. It is divided into eleven wards and has its administrative headquarter at Onireke. However, Oke’Badan North Local Council Development Area (LCDA) has been carved out of Ibadan North West leaving it with six wards.
Ibadan North West Local Government is bounded in the North by Ido Local Government, in the West by Ibadan South West Local Government, in the East by Ibadan North East and in the South by Ibadan South East Local Government. It is inhabitants include Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo and Other tribes who engage in trading, farming, artisanship and civil service.
A predominantly urban area, Ibadan North West Local Government has within his jurisdiction Onireke, Ayeye, Dugbe, Inalnde, Ologuneru to mention just a few. The Local Government can boast of markets like Ayeye, Dugbe, Agbeni and Eleyele.
- Tenement Rate
- Liquor License
- Loading and Offloading permit
- Hackney Permit
- Motor part receipt
- Cold Room Permit
- Ground rent
- Public toilets
- Army Children Schools 1 – 5 Mokola, Ibadan
- Agbaje Memorial Schools 1 3, Ayeye, Ibadan
- Micheal Schooool 2 & 3, Oke Seni
- Patrick Catholic Primary School 1, Abebi
- Richard Catholic Primary Schools 1 and 2, Eleyele
- Patrick Catholic School, Idikan
- Salvation Army Schools 1 & 2, Ekotedo
- Sacred Heart Covenant Schools 1 & 2, Idikan
- Anwarul Islam Primary Schools 1 & 2, Eleyele
- Joseph 1 & 2, Inalende
- Methodist Primary School, Akintola, Ekotedo
- Saviour Apostolic Schools 1 & 2, Akintola
- Anwar Ul -Islam School 3, Eleyele
- Joseph School 3, Inalende
- Baptist School 2, Idikan
- NW5 Baptist School, Inalande
- Community Primary School 2, Olopomewa
- Patrick Catholic School 2, Abebi
- Anwarul Islam Secondary School, Eleyele
- Oba Abass Aleshinloye Grammar School
- Eleyele Senior high School, Eleyele
- Eleyele Senior high School 2, Eleyele
- Jericho high School
- Urban Day Grammar School, Jericho
- Onireke Senior School
- Army Barracks Grammar School, Mokola
- Ansarul Deen Senior High chool
- Sacred heart Junior Secondary Ode Oolo
- Eleyele Secondary School, Eleyele
- School of Hygiene – Eleyele
- School of Nursing – Eleyele
- Cooperative College – Eleyele
- Fan Milk Plc – Eleyele
- Niger Match – Eleyele
- Evans Publishers – Jericho
- University Press Plc – Jericho
- HEBN – Jericho
CULTURE AND TOURISM
Naturally, Ibadan North West Local Government is endowed with vast area for tourist attraction. The tourist centres in the area include, the Eleyele Water Works, the polo ground at Eleyele and Golf course at Onrieke.
- Primary health Centre, Koseunti
- Primary Health Centre, Ori eru
- Primary Health Centre, Oniyanrin
- Primary Health Centre, Ayeye
- Primary Health Centre, Eleyele
- Primary Health Centre, Opoyeoosa
- Primary Health Centre, Onireke
- Primary Health Centre, Ogunpa
The above mentioned centres render ante-natal care services, delivery, immunization, family planning, health education/ promotion nutrition and rehydration therapy (ORT), growth monitoring, laboratory services and community medical outreaches. There are also sixteen (16) private clinics within the council area.
- Construction of VIP toilet at Jalaruru compound
- Construction of pedestrian walkway at Alawo Stream, behind Agbaje Primary School ward 3, and Ashipa, Sango Okoro.
- Renovation of a pit toilet at Egbodi compound, Oke Seni Area
- Face lifting of legislative building within the premises of the Local Government Onireke
- Provision of 2.7 KVA sub- mersible pump and accessories at Ajobiare and Ibikunle Area
- Painting of external wall of MDG maternity centre at Oganla
- Construction of collapsed drainages and retaining wall at St. Joseph Street, Abebi
- Procurement and installation of well rings and well lids for two deep wells at Afun and Ora compound
- Construction of concrete slab at Ajigbayi compound
- Repair of OYSIEC office at Local Government Secretariat, Onireke
Grading of roads at Oluseyi –Abibu Oki Sango express, Alhaji Mustapha Omotosho Street, Mercy land Estate, Power – line road around mechanic village, Idi-Osan, Tipper Garage link Ajadi Road to Ologuneru Femi Akinbode, Babalegba-Idi Ope Eleyele Road
- Improved employee relations through interpersonal communication- meeting, where the staffs of all cadres freely expressed their opinion and their expectations from the new administration.
- Reconstruction of the dilapidated fence of the Local Government, though it had been approved by the Ministry of Local Government and chieftaincy ms but through out political will, we were able to expedite funding of approval.
- Clearing of dirt and bushes at the council secretariat to promote hygienic environment
- Repair of water supply to the offices which they have been lacking for a long time.
- Commencement of livestock project to boost the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR). The chicken from the poultry were sold at a subsided rate for the members of staff and the public.
- Establishment of Garri processing unit within the council secretariat. The garri processed was distributed to the members of staff, league of Imam and political stakeholders during Ramadan.
The Chairman, All Progressives Congress, Ibadan North West Local Government.
The Head of Local Government Administration,
The party Leaders and members, all other protocols duly observed
I am highly delighted to welcome you to this occasion of inaugurating different ad-hoc committees with a view to unify our people and give them a sense of belonging, to contribute their quota to the running of Ibadan North West Local Government. This inauguration is premised on my belief in team work and sheer determination to run an all-inclusive administration. The selected people will be deployed to the following committees: Administration and General services, Health and Medical services, Women, Youth and Social welfare, Works, Transport, Lands, Housing, Estate and survey.
Let me reiterate that the cooperation of our esteem career civil servants of this local government is very indispensable to this administration and I use this opportunity to solicit your support with these committees. As an adage says ‘a tree cannot make a forest’; we are all partners in progress.
To the members of the committees, I want you to see this rare privilege as a call to serve the people of this local council. Service must be your focus. As a public servant and accomplished administrator, good service delivery has always been my concern and this is what helped me to excel in my previous assignment as the political head of a parastatal in the state.
Let me round-up this speech by quoting the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo that: ‘The primary responsibility of a leader is service. To do otherwise is a deliberate indulgence in pretence and deceit of a monumental proportion. Make service your watchword!
D – Director
DD – Deputy Director
PHC – Primary Health Centre
DAGS – Director Administration & General Services
DF – Director of Finance
DESS – Director Education and Social services
- O. – Rent Officer
Env – Environment