09 Feb 2021 Ogbomoso Township Road To Be Completed Six Months Before Schedule – Oyo Govt
Oyo State Government has announced that the three kilometers Ogbomoso township road under reconstruction by the State Ministry of Public Works and Transport will be completed six months before the earlier scheduled time.
The State Commissioner for Public Works and Transport, Prof Dahud Sangodoyin made the revelation on Monday while monitoring ongoing projects in the Ogbomoso axis.
Sangodoyin said that the Under-G Stadium, Lautech Second Gate road would be fully completed by the end of February 2021.
Prof. Sangodoyin expressed satisfaction with the level, pace and quality of work done, adding that “about 70% of the work has been done and the remaining 30% will be concluded by the end of the month.
“This is heartwarming to know and I want to appreciate the people that have been working day and night to make this dream of our Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde in providing motorable roads across the State achievable.”
It will be recalled that the road reconstruction was awarded on the 3rd of August 2020, and was scheduled to be completed in August 2021 through direct labour by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
Wasiu Olatubosun (P.hd),
Hon. Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Ibadan.