20 Jun 2019 The Official Swearing-In Ceremony on the 2019 Batch ‘B’ (Stream I) Corps Members Deployed To Oyo State
AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE GOVERNOR OF OYO STATE, ENGR. SEYI MAKINDE DURING THE OFFICIAL SWEARING-IN CEREMONY ON THE 2019 BATCH ‘B’ (STREAM I) CORPS MEMBERS DEPLOYED TO OYO STATE HELD AT THE PERMANENT ORIENTATION CAMP, OGBAKUTA, ISEYIN ON THURSDAY 20TH JUNE, 2019
It is my pleasure to welcome you all to Oyo the “Pacesetter” State. A State synonymous with hospitality and rich Yoruba cultural heritage. Today marks the official commencement of the 2019 Batch ‘B’ Service year.
- I congratulate you on the successful completion of your academic programs which qualified you for mobilization into the National Youth Service Corps. This clarion call is for you to serve your fatherland with a consistent display of hard work, discipline and quest to contribute your quota to national development and Oyo State in particular.
- The Orientation course, which you are about to commence with prepare you for the task and challenges of the Service year. I, therefore urge you to avail yourselves this opportunity by participating in all camp activities and obey all rules and regulations that have been put in place to ensure a hitch free Orientation exercise.
- I further enjoin you to be patriotic and selfless in all your activities starting here in the camp to your Places of Primary Assignment. It is on record that the activities of your predecessors have positively impacted the lives of their host communities in various sectors by providing good rural health care, qualitative education, enlightenment and sensitization on some vital national issues to the nation and Oyo State in particular. Our nation Nigeria depends on your services and it is a great responsibility that you all must bear. You must uphold the ideals of the Scheme in the discharge of your assignments.
- As you step into your roles as service corps, I implore you to cultivate a healthy relationship among your colleagues during and after the orientation exercise. Remember, the task of nation building is a collective effort. Similarly, you should endeavour to integrate with the members of your host communities by learning appreciating and respecting the cultures and traditions of the people knowing that the Yorubas cherish and respect their culture.
- On the part of our administration, the Oyo State government is determined to make huge investment in youths. We will do everything within our capacity to ensure a conducive and secured environment during and after the orientation exercise. We are not unaware of security challenges being experienced in our country. To this effect, we shall put in place adequate security measures to check any breakdown of law and order. I hereby urge you to be law abiding and partner with Oyo State to create a secured environment.
- Furthermore, we also assure you that the welfare of all Corps members deployed to the State remains our utmost priority.
- Once again on behalf of the friendly and good people of Oyo State whose warm reception is guaranteed, I heartily welcome you to the State for your one-year mandatory Service.
- I will not fail to commend the State NYSC Governing Board, NYSC Management, traditional rulers and other stakeholders for their efforts towards the success of this program and ultimately, in guiding our teeming youths towards nation building.
- It is on this note that I formally declare the 2019 Batch ‘B’ (Steam I) Orientation course open.
- Thank you and God bless.