06 Aug 2020 OYSG TO RUN AN INCLUSIVE GOVERNMENT
Oyo State government has said it will run an all-inclusive budgetary system that will put into consideration the needs of its citizens.
This was disclosed by the State commissioner for Budget and Planning, Barr. Adeniyi Farinto while receiving delegates of Dawn Commission on a courtesy visit at his office in Ibadan.
The delegate visited the commissioner to Intimate him with their findings and recommendations on how Oyo State, as it applied in other part of the South – Western region, can have a strong planning and budgeting architecture that will enhance growth and development of the State.
The Honourable Commissioner who spoke to newsmen after the visit noted that the establishment of budget and planning as a Ministry has really put in place a check and balance system for the Seyi Makinde – led administration to run an open, participatory, transparent and inclusive government.
He said ‘”The two, Budget and Planning, combined together will synergize so that we can have a budget that will derived from strategic planning and will be open to the public.
There will be proper coordination of all departments in the area of data, projects, monitoring and evaluation, so that whatever is budgeted for, will be the needs of the citizens that will transform the State from poverty to prosperity.
“The Honorable commissioner stated that this administration is by the people and for the people and this is what the government intend to achieve”.
In her remarks, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning, Mrs. Mofoluke Adebiyi, said the establishment of a Ministry of Budget and Planning is essential for all-inclusive socio-economic development of the state.
Dawn Commission spokesperson, Mr. Tosin Oke applauded the State government for the successful feat of establishing a single institution coordinating budget and planning: hitherto lacked.
Oke, however, urged the commissioner to facilitate the quick preparation of the State Development Plan which will enhance and at the same time track the implementation of State projects and programs.
- Sensitisation Workshop on 2020 Budget Exercise;
- Stakeholders’ Consultative Meeting of Year 2020 Budget;
- Inauguration of Steering Committee and Technical Working Group by Governor Seyi Makinde ably represented by the Honourable Commissioner, Budget and Economic Planning with support of UNICEF, Akure Field Office on Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Oyo State;
- Among the monumental commitments of UNICEF towards achieving the desired socio-economic development of children and women in the State is to conduct a child poverty and deprivation analysis to identify States and LGAs in the country with the highest levels of child poverty/deprivation with the hope of identifying, analyzing the barriers and bottlenecks that prevent the children and women from benefiting the required interventions and services
- Approved Budget 2018
- Budget Analysis 2018
- Approved Budget 2019
- Appropriation Law 2019
- Budget Analysis 2019
- Reviewed 2019 Budget
- Approved Budget 2020
- Appropriation Law 2020
- Finance Law 2020
- Stakeholder’s Consultative Meeting Videos
- Reforms in the State Budgeting Process:
- Transition from closed to Open Budget System in Oyo State
- Timely preparation of budget and its passage before the end of December, 2019;
- Implementation of year 2020 budget with effect from 1st January;
- Conduct of town hall meetings for the participation of citizens in the budget to ensure inclusion in the year 2020 Budget preparation;
- Publication of budget on the website of the State Govt. before implementation;
- Developed and published Citizen Budget to promote accountability and transparency;
- Publication of Oyo State Strategic Plan of Action for Nutrition (OYSSPAN: 2020-2024);
- Creation of the Economic Intelligence Unit;
- Mapping of Social projection programme in Oyo State (Report in draft form);
- Development of Social Policy for Social Safety Net Programme (Report in draft form);